Downloading & Getting To the App
1. How do I find the Race Day Events app?
Follow this link or search “Race Day Events” in the Google Play or App Store.
2. How do I find my race in the Race Day Events App?
When you open the app for the first time, you will be presented with a menu listing all the Race Day Events races. Click on the race you would like, and that app will load.
If you open the app and it opens to the incorrect race:
- Click the hamburger menu in the top left.
- Then choose “Find Another Event from the top”
If you still cannot find your event in the menu list, completely close out of the app and restart.
USING THE APP
1. What can I do with the app?
The Race Day Events app has all the information you need as a participant, spectator and fan. It includes valuable information about race weekend including interactive course maps, packet pick up info, transportation and parking details, FAQs, and social media. Use the app to:
• Receive real-time participant progress notifications
• View participant race day information
• Access maps for the start and finish areas
• View the full schedule of weekend events
• Share in the experience with special event photo frames using your phone’s camera
2. Is Live Tracking available in the app?
Sorry, Live Tracking is not available for this event, but you can still sign up to get real-time participant progress notifications!
3.How can I see official race results?
If your race was timed, select the ‘Results’ tile and select your race to find official race results.
4.How can I see race photos?
Once they have been published, select the ‘Race Photos’ tile and search your name or bib number.
REAL-TIME PARTICIPANT PROGRESS NOTIFICATIONS
1.How can I find participants to track?
a. Once in your race app, click the ‘Participant Progress Updates’ tile
i. You’ll need to log in with Facebook or create an account to use this feature.
b. Click ‘Find a Participant’.
c. Enter the name or bib number and click search. Select your participant that you want to track.
i. Participant data is updated 2 weeks prior to Race Day, then again the day prior to the Race
d. Your athlete is now stored. Just click the Participant Progress Updates tile to see them and track them and reveal their details page (pace, distance, speed, location, etc.)
e. You may select up to 25 participants to track. Just repeat the above process for each.
2. How do I get notifications about the person I am following?
In the app, in your athlete’s details page in Participant Progress Updates, click on ‘Notify Me’ to receive push notifications and progress alerts for the participant you are following.
3. How can I share my participant’s progress during the race?
In the app, in your athlete’s details page in Participant Progress Updates, click on ‘Share’ to share your participant’s progress over Facebook and let friends in your network know that you are following your selected participants.